Hoboken Division of Cultural Affairs
Hoboken City Hall, 2nd Floor 94 Washington St., Hoboken, NJ
In 1994, the government of the City of Hoboken established a Division of Cultural Affairs to manage its arts & cultural related projects and promote tourism in Hoboken. Goals include:
1. Cultivate & promote the arts & cultural diversity of Hoboken
2. Offering opportunities to performing & visual artists, as well as students to introduce their work to a broad audience which includes local residents, tourists & under served communities
3. By offering free cultural programs, we hope to encourage participation in the arts to a board audience making the arts available to everyone
4. Stimulate the local economy by introducing tourists to Hoboken
5. Create an arts district, in hopes to maintain & nurture Hoboken’s artist community
The Hoboken Division of Cultural Affairs produces free arts & cultural activities & events which are all self-funded including: the Hoboken Spring & Fall Arts & Music Festivals, Artists Studio Tour, Movies Under the Stars, Art in the Park, Kiddiepalooza, Summer Enchanted Evenings Concert Series at Frank Sinatra Park, Family Fun Nights at Shipyard Park, Sinatra Idol Contest, Hoboken Harvest Festival, Rag-A-Muffin Parade, City Hall Holiday Craft Fair, Holiday Tree Lighting & much more.
The Hoboken Division of Cultural Affairs has a very small staff, so volunteers are very important to the success of our events. We need help with prep work which includes data entry, marketing, logistical coordination of events, soliciting sponsors, sitting at our information table as well as set up & clean up on the day of certain events. There is no application process. Anyone interested should call our office at 201-420-2207.